"Choose you this day whom ye will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Did you think to pray?

I traveled by myself to Utah this weekend and had a great time with my sisters for a little sister's reunion. One thing we didn't get was much sleep.  On the long way home, I was very tired, and it is amazing how low thoughts can become when we are weakened by a lack of sleep.  I felt like I was being targeted by Satan's buffetings.  I was trying hard to fight it off.  I listened to several books on tape, but in the end I was still had a melt down.  Today as I was thinking about it, I realized, I FORGOT TO PRAY!  I did pray for a safe trip and that prayer was answered, but why didn't I spend time pouring out my heart to the Lord?  I was too busy looking horizontally for my comfort and distractions.  I should have been looking vertically.  How could such a thing be?  I thought I had learned that lesson!  I can't believe I forgot!   Some of my best prayers have been when I was in a vehicle alone and had lots of time to talk to the Lord.  I guess I got what I deserved-next time I hope I remember to PRAY:)

1 comment:

quailene said...

Great reminder! And I loved your husband's story in ward conference about the towels on the floor. Too funny! I hope you had an awesome time with your sisters!

Kaylene