"Choose you this day whom ye will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Carob Brownies and homemade icecream

I really like the flavor of carob, and also it's health benefits.  So, I adapted this recipe of Grandma's cake brownies as follows:

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup carob powder
1/2 tsp. salt

1 cup milk
1 cup oil
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix together dry ingredients.  Add wet and mix well.  Pour in greased cookie sheet with sides.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 min. until toothpick comes out clean.
Frost with carob frosting:

1/4 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbl. Carob powder
slight amount of milk-about 2 Tbl.

My kids and I love these!



EASY Homemade Icecream:  4 cups half and half, 1 cup sugar, 2 Tbl. Vanilla.  Mix, freeze:)
I have also used homemade unsweetened yogurt instead of the half and half, and some of the kids really like that sweet/sour combination.

No comments: