"Choose you this day whom ye will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Friday, June 14, 2013

Watch over them until they obey...

I really like this scripture found in the Book of Abraham, chapter 4.  It is talking about Heavenly Father and Jesus creating the earth, and I think it is a wonderful model for us to use when teaching our children to work and obey:


 16 And the Gods organized the two great lights, the agreater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night; with the lesser light they set the stars also;
 17 And the Gods set them in the expanse of the heavens, to give light upon the earth, and to rule over the day and over the night, and to cause to divide the light from the adarkness.
 18 And the Gods watched those things which they had aordered until they obeyed.

It is easy for me to give orders and move on to my own  work, but it seems to be much more effective to stick around, make sure the child understands what is being asked, and help them feel confident to do the task....watching over them until they obey.


No comments: