"Choose you this day whom ye will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Busy Times


We've been pretty busy the last couple of months and weeks.  Since we have 4 kids out of the house, 3 at college and 1 on a mission, we decided this would be the best time to renovate a couple of rooms.  We started with this room,

trimmed the window, repainted, and put in new carpet.

Then we started on two small rooms downstairs, took a wall out, and fixed it up to be one nice room with a walk in closet:






 We filled in two of the doors.
 Ada wanted to see if she could pull up the carpet and extra tack strip by herself.  She's a good helper!
 Framing in the new wall.



 Johnny is camera shy.


It was my job to mud, tape, texture, and paint.  Jane and Natalee helped me mud, texture, and prime, and Johnny and Jane helped me paint.  They were a big help!  Brent and Johnny did the carpet pad and helped with the carpet.
 The guys finished the carpet last night, and the boys are moving in today.   I forgot to get a picture before they moved in, and I would be in BIG trouble to do it now, so I will just say it looks very nice.  I am glad it's finished (almost-the boys need to put trim around the door and when we are done working with the closet doors, we will paint those-they don't fit with the carpet)


2 comments:

Sariah Hartley said...

Dude this looks so good!

Aleah said...

Wow the ending photo is making it look so awesome. I'm excited to see the finished project. Good work!