"Choose you this day whom ye will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Friday, October 17, 2014

Words of a 5-year old

While doing school this week, in science we had  been learning about invertebrates.  Then it was time to start on vertebrates.  We were comparing differences, and all of the sudden, Jed excitedly pipes up:  "Mom, I know something without a backbone",  me-"what?"  Jed:  "Paper!"  Me-"what?"  Jed: "paper does not have a backbone!"  haha-he got me there:)
Later on, since the guys were away, we got to watch Anne of Green Gables, and when the kids were asking why she wouldn't get married, we talked about choices and priorities, and Jed came and gave me a big hug, and said, "Thanks for getting married, Mom."  Now wasn't that the sweetest thing ever?  Since when do 5 year olds talk like that?  :)

 Jed has improved dramatically in his coloring skills-I can't believe how well he is staying in the lines!




No comments: