"Choose you this day whom ye will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Learning Co-op Fieldtrip... looking for salmon, finding bears

We had a fantastic fieldtrip last week.  We went to South Lake Tahoe to see the "salmon run", as they swim upstream to spawn.  There were a lot of salmon, and it was really cool to see them.  But what gave us the greatest thrill was the 2 bears that we followed around and saw on and off.  At the end of our hike, we were walking on logs and crossing the pond until the bears came to use that same area.  Believe me, we backed off!  It  was crazy and fun!



The scenery was breathtaking! 





 We didn't think we were going to get a close up of a real bear, so we took this:)






 check out all those salmon!
 watching the bears fish

 I guess the bears wanted to play on the logs too!
 Had to take this for my friend that has a son named Taylor.


No comments: