"Choose you this day whom ye will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Save the rest of those green onions!

I saw this idea on Pinterest, and since we never have the right amount of green onions-fresh when we need them, I decided to try it.  After cutting off the green part we like eating, I put the bottoms of the onions in cups of water (I had a large pack of onions from Costco).  They are growing great, and I am so excited I won't have to pay money for more green onions, and when I go to get them, they won't be rotten in the fridge.  Also-this window garden can't be any closer to the cutting board.  Yippee!  :)  So excited it is working.  I would guess you could just stick your whole green onions in there now to keep them from going bad in the fridge.  What a deal! :)

2 comments:

quailene said...

Uh oh....I guess I've been eating them wrong all these years. I eat the bottoms of the onions and don't eat the tops. Who knew????
Apparently not me! (: But I do love green onions and might just have to give this a try....along with trying to eat the tops of the onions. LOL

Kaylene Hunt

agratefulheart said...

Ha ha, you are too funny! :)