"Choose you this day whom ye will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Hash-brown Waffles

We love making things with the waffle iron!  One of our favorites is hash-browned waffles.  I don't have definite measurements for this, (I usually just throw in a handful of this and that) 
but here is what you need:
about 4 cups hashbrowns, thawed, or rehydrated, as needed
about 8 eggs
some sour cream (about 1/2 cup)
salt 
pepper
grated cheese (about 1-2 cups)
bacon bits (about 1/2 cup)

Mix well and spoon onto a hot, greased waffle iron.  Let them cook until they are good and golden brown, as it will make it easier to get them out.  That can be a bit tricky-I use forks to loosen and a pancake turner to help support.
Serve with ketchup or salsa.


 



1 comment:

crabapple farm said...

Ooh! The boys loved these when they came to visit! I will remind them and make them drool :)