"Choose you this day whom ye will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Replace an ironing board cover..

Well-I got the pictures out of order, so start at the bottom if you like.

I put it on and the string worked great, and being lazy, I was glad I didn't have to find any new string for it. I am happy with the way it turned out.

I saved the drawstring out of the old one and sewed it into the serged edges, being VERY careful not to let it get caught-even one stitch could prevent it from moving. Of course, getting caught on the other side with the knife wouldn't be too pretty either.

Ya, I think so. Took off the old one and pinned it to fabric to use for the pattern.

I've had this ironing board since we got married...21 years...think it needs a new cover?

1 comment:

Aleah said...

This is a great tutorial! Very motivating and simple making it even more motivating.