"Choose you this day whom ye will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Sewing projects

Here's what we've been sewing lately:

Ada wanted to make something real bad, and it was here turn, but it was almost 9 p.m. so I knew we needed a quick and simple project.  I decided to have her make a coaster.  She did a great job and had a lot of fun, and I was glad it went quickly:)


Jane finished her vintage apron.  It turned out great and I am so proud of her for sticking with it.  It was a rather involved sewing project.  Then she wanted to make a knit skirt.




Natalee is making a purple quilt for her bed-her favorite color.  We will take pictures when it's closer to being done.

I quilted my first project on the quilting machine.  It gave me grief until I found out that I was using the wrong kind of thread, and there is more of a learning curve than I had imagined there would be.  But, with patience and persistence, we are slowly figuring it out.








No comments: