"Choose you this day whom ye will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Romantic Get-away

If you are looking for a romantic get-away, Nathan and I have the perfect idea:  a John Deere tractor junk yard!  Seriously, how much better can it get?  :)  haha
We took a trip this month to California to pick up tires for the farm equipment, a set of hay rakes, and made a stop at the junk yard.  We always joke about how romantic that is.

 We did see lots of neat farms.  Most of what we saw was very brown and dry, but here are some of the green farms we saw.  The big workers signs in the fields just cracked me up.  I thought they were pretty neat.  I guess they put them there to help people realize where their food is coming from?




On the way home, while towing the hay rakes, we did have some vehicle trouble-as usual.  In this family it just isn't a good trip unless you have some real adventure with breakdowns:)  As we were going over Donner, the truck lost power, and Nathan figured out that the fuel filter had gone out.  He got to change it in the Boomtown parking lot in a driving rainstorm.  He was sopping wet.  I felt really badly for him.  I was freezing and I wasn't even wet.  He is an amazing man!

No comments: