"Choose you this day whom ye will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

1st week in 1st area

We got our first letter from Elder Zhao in his first area-sounds like he is doing great: 
"My first week is awesome. It's really busy here because we have to bike everywhere, and there are lots of hills here which makes it even harder. We taught two lessons in English and four in Chinese. My companion's name is Elder George, but they give him a Chinese last name Zhao (the same as mine) but I'm the real Zhao though. He is from Indiana, yes, a white guy speaks Chinese. I'm learning gospel terms from him and he is learning daily conversations from me. We actually have three people with a baptismal date with us on Dec. They are the mom and her two kids. The mom is from Hong Kong, and her kids were born here, so we taught them in English. The weather is really nice here, it's usually above 75 degrees. Missionary work is not that hard though but the biking is FREAKING HARD. it's ball time now haha, so i better get going. My first P-Day is kinda crazy, I have lots things to do, I will talk to you more on next P-Day."

No comments: