"Choose you this day whom ye will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Friday, July 16, 2010

mid July in the garden


I've never had corn grow well before, but now I'm wishing we would have planted more! The tomatoes and peppers in the tires seem to be doing well, but not necessarily any better than the ones in the garden. I filled the tires with homemade compost, peat moss, and vermiculite, according to the "Square Foot Gardening" guy's suggestion. They are easy to water and weed.




The melons are finally starting to take off. HOpefully it's not too late. The pumpkins are putting out some blossoms and I think we're going to have plenty of them! What I'm waiting for is my first bite of sun-ripened homegrown tomato!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my heck! i can't even believe this! This does not look loike our garden!!! It's pretty much awesome!!

agratefulheart said...

Ya, we've actually done some watering and weeding since you left-shocking, huh?