"Choose you this day whom ye will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Super Quick Whole Wheat Buns


It was time to try out the wheat we bagged, so I looked on the internet to find a good recipe for whole wheat buns. I like them so much more than the white ones. Here is a recipe I found on recipezaar.com. I really like the way it turned out. The buns were soft but held up well. Here it is:

1 cup warm water
3 Tbl. warm water
1/3 cup canola oil
1/4 cup sugar or honey (I used mostly honey)
2 Tbl. yeast
1 tsp. salt
1 egg, beaten
3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

1. combine water, yeast, oil, and sugar or honey; let rest for 15 minutes (I didn't have that much time-5 worked for me)
2. add salt, egg, and flour to yeast mixture and mix well.
3. Roll out 3/4 inch thick and cut into 10-12 rounds.
4. Place rolls on cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
5. Bake at 400-425 for 8-10 minute or until lightly browned.

Pretty easy, and nice recipe! I want to use it often.

No comments: