"Choose you this day whom ye will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Homemade freezer jam with Alison's Pantry Instant Clear Jel

 Can I just say how much I love having this stuff on hand?  Before I could never make jam without planning ahead, because the pectin is so expensive and I hated buying it.  And then when I did go to buy it, everyone else was already making jam and it would be gone.  So, having this instant clear jel is a lifesaver for me.  I can make jam anytime without it costing a fortune, and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

 Here is the recipe I use:
4 cups berries
7 Tbl. instant clear jel
1/4 cup lemon juice
sugar to taste (I prefer it to be sweet so it does actually taste like jam)  about twice as much as the berries
BE SURE to mix the clear jel with the sugar before adding to the berries-it reduces clumping problems.  Also, if the berries are thawed (I buy mine frozen for Alison's Pantry) it works much better.  After adding all the ingredients, stir, stir, stir.  I try for at least 3 minutes.  Then put in containers and freeze.

No comments: